Scantronic 9827

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having nightmare with my House Alarm - I know its a relatively old model but I wonder if anyone can suggest anything. Although my keypad is showing no fault, its not letting me set the system - the read out is just the two blinking lines. Im wondering if i have to reset the system by disconnecting the battery or fuse then re-connecting. Is this possible - would grateful if anyone has any tips or suggestions before I have to spend a fortune (money I don't have) to call out an engineer

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it's waiting for a command do u have a no key or esc or even 0 may put it back to normal

yeah its like that but whenever I try and punch numbers into it nothing happens, it beeps with every press but doesn't register on the LED

The two lines blinking ? If so it don't sound good ! When was the last time it had a battery change ?

Sponsored Links
was a few years ago (maybe 5) but no indication on LED of battery problem

I would probably drop the power to it do a reboot first.

Yes you can down power it .....But ...if it is passed its sell buy date you may not be able to shut it off !
If it's a 9800 not a plus , it may be 25 years old

Either way you will find out if it's any good always drop the power permanently if still an issue. Best do it daytime in case your bell sounds for a while

Remove battery. Hopefully you will have a fused spur near the main box (not the keypad there is a large white case somewhere containing your batteries and all the wiring.) lever the fuse out. If your not sure what you have don't attempt this.

I do have a large white case containing battery and also a separate fuse - whats going to happen if I remove the fuse ?

U will then be dropping the power to the panel. Your siren may go off. Reinsert fuse after 30seconds and try your code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back