Scariest films

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
and one film I saw where someone who was trying to hide from their attacker had ran into public toilets and was terrified and out of breath. They were trying to breath quietly whilst their attacker walkes quietly up and down listenly.
I found myself trying to hold my breath for them...

I remember that,...oh the suspense.

I'm not usually scared by movies, but that little boy in The Grudge :eek:
shudder.gif

Kaneto Shindo's Onibaba - moment when the woman finds the mask is stuck on.

Les Diaboliques (1955) the swim around the pool underwater and the husbands body rising from the bath.

The Nanny with Bette Davis's evil looking face.

Whatever happened to Baby Jane with Bette Davis's Ditto

Can't remember the title but a girl is alone in a mansion, every night there is a thunderstorm and she hears the tap tapping of a walking stick coming down the stairs(backed by some of the most terrifying music i've heard in ages) , turns out to be a scientist horribly disfigured and blinded by a laboratory experiment upstairs.
good twist at end (anyone remember this film by Tony Tenser?)

Suspiria (1977) Dario Argenta

The Sentinel (1976) very very creepy one of the priests is madeup to look really scary.

TV Ghostwatch (BBC) standing on the gantry(almost alone) in Studio D Elstree with follow spot and this "ghost" standing opposite me in full makeup and off go the special effects, wind machines, paper and all!

Sponsored Links
An obscure short film about a man in a telephone box :eek: Anyone else seen it and know who made it :?:

Stephen Kings Pet Sematary, both book and film. Very upsetting

Also, the original "Alien" film although gory is very very good at ratcheting up the tension and atmosphere

Nige F said:
An obscure short film about a man in a telephone box :eek: Anyone else seen it and know who made it :?:

La Cabina by Antonio Mercero.

Nige F said:

I think I've seen that. Was it about two gay men 'ringing each other'?

One was Patrick Fitzmichael and the other was Michael Fitzpatrick.

joe

kendor said:
TV Ghostwatch (BBC) standing on the gantry(almost alone) in Studio D Elstree with follow spot and this "ghost" standing opposite me in full makeup and off go the special effects, wind machines, paper and all!

That was great until it started getting over the top. Mr pipes and the cat screeching noises. lol great stuff.

The first version of "texas chainsaw masacre"

When he sat them on them meat hooks,..My "back-way" tightened up like a vice....i was walking like a penquin for a week.. :D

Sponsored Links
Back