Scariest films

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love scary films......not the blood and gore type.......just those that make you 'hide your face behind the cushion ones'! :LOL: :LOL:

What is your favourite scary film.......?

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
I remember watching Alfred Hitchcocks psycho at my shcool mates in the 60's after it finished I go t up to go home on my bike in the dark when his dad burst in the room brandishing a kitchen knife above his head bringing it down in striking motions :eek: :eek: :eek: I got home in world record time :!:

Sponsored Links
I love 'The Others'. Great classic chost story.

Nicole Kidman, Fionnula Flanagan, Christopher Eccleston, (before he was Dr Who)

joe

I got a dodgy copy of "The Ring". Had to turn the volume way up on the home cinema. Then, at a scary bit, something happened to the recording and it made a squeeling noise. But at full volume it was deafening and at a scary moment - I jumped about a foot of the settee and nearly shat myself.

I know a lot of people rate "The Shining" as one of the scariest movies, but personally I reckon it's garbage.

I havent seen a scary film in ages but I too finfd the suspense bit more chilling than outright blood and guts.

I found the bit in the silence of the lambs where the guy has on those specs and he can see in the dark and the woman cant see anything and is trying to escape and you know he is catching up with her and.......

and one film I saw where someone who was trying to hide from their attacker had ran into public toilets and was terrified and out of breath. They were trying to breath quietly whilst their attacker walkes quietly up and down listenly.
I found myself trying to hold my breath for them...

I find it scary where people are for example watching others outside the house.... probably because it really happens.

I find this more scary than ghost type films.

The Premature Burial with Ray Milland. It's an old B&W film and I first saw it when I was a kid but it still scares the bejayzus out of me!

poshman said:
I remember watching Alfred Hitchcocks psycho at my shcool mates in the 60's after it finished I go t up to go home on my bike in the dark when his dad burst in the room brandishing a kitchen knife above his head bringing it down in striking motions :eek: :eek: :eek: I got home in world record time :!:

image130.gif
:LOL:

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose is terrifying, because its based on a 'true' story, even more so if like me, you believe in supernatural experiences.

JulieL/B said:
securespark said:
The Sound Of Music......

Now, now Simon........I was being serious! ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you are ok?

So was I...!!

Yes, I'm OK. I go to Hope on Tuesday for chat with consultant. Am getting headaches now, with nausea, as well as desire to sleep anytime I'm not moving, with great difficulty in waking. I hope they will operate soon. My diplopia is v. annoying. Only thing is, I'm supposed to fly on 23rd. Don't know yet whether they will allow me.

mandiehun said:
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose is terrifying, because its based on a 'true' story, even more so if like me, you believe in supernatural experiences.

I woke up at 3am last night, and I could smell burning.

Sponsored Links
Back