school recruits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i see that teachers have put the block on the armed forces visiting schools to try and recruit teenagers to sign up, they said they were trying to con the young, we only want people who offer proper jobs to visit :confused: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Would these be the same teachers who are responsible for failing schools, for children not achieving even basic standards of numeracy and literacy, for year-on-year grade inflation so that GCSE and A level results now bear little comparison with those of a few years ago?

They might do better to go back to work and try to improve their professional standards, rather than parading their outdated political ideas for an uninterested and unimpressed public.

They might do better to go back to work and try to improve their professional standards, rather than parading their outdated political ideas for an uninterested and unimpressed public.
Well that's your average schoolkid for you.

i see that teachers have put the block on the armed forces visiting schools to try and recruit teenagers to sign up.

I find myself agreeing with this, teenagers are not mature enough to fully understand the potential consequences.
And they do not need the Hard sell, of such visits.

Sponsored Links
If kids are not intelligent enough to understand what its about joining up then this is down to the standard of teaching they are getting from the mob that are complaining.
British army has always mainly recruited from 16 year olds and is the about the best in the world so they must have been doing something right

Army recruiting officers are trying to get the law changed so that they can recruit foreigners, mostly eastern europeans probably. At present they can only accept British and commonwealth citizens(with the exception of the Irish) maybe a good idea, maybe not. We could end up with a 'British' army consisting of Europeans.

As the E.U. wants to abolish national armies and create a European army loyal only to a European government it sounds a bit dodgy.

We are a part of Europe now. Forget the notion of 'Britishness' - it doesn't exist.

Prob something to do with the fact that just about every other army in the world gets the british army/forces in to train them up. Even the yanks and russians

The Columubian terrorist group FARC couldn't afford British Army trainers, so they got the IRA instead.

Do a little search for yourself and it is all there. So what makes you think they are not about the best.

The armed forces and war are a fact of life. Teachers should leave their own political ideals out of it. The NUT are a disgrace for allowing marxist rabble rousers to influence the way schools operate. This is the kind of subject that parents ought to have a say in too - but lefties often sneak there own agenda's through the back door.

As each week goes by I lose more respect for teachers, along with doctors and the police.

Is there any evidence of this?
The Israelis come a close second (the crumpet is better though!), but pound-for-pound, UKAF are the best by a country mile.

Amazingly, not withstanding the inevitable politically-correct watering-down of beasting of new recruits, following Deepcut and society pressures in general, to the extent that they have to be told that their clothing is about to be touched when being inspected, yellow and red bullying cards, bullying counsellors etc, somehow, somehow...they end up forming a cohesive unit and do a fantastic job wherever they are called upon to do so, generally getting ferk all credit from the spineless civvies in this country.

30 years of Op Banner in NI provided an excellent training ground for the development of equipment and CWR techniques, experience which is proving vital these days.

HMF is not staffed by a legion of brain-dead single-celled psychopaths. There are, of course, bad apples in every barrel, teaching included. I know these things: I watch Waterloo Road ;). But there is nothing demeaning in wanting to have a career in the forces, despite what the leftist hand-wringing apologists would have you believe.

As some wise sage said:
If you can read this sign, thank a teacher
If you can read this sign in English, thank a soldier
Before you ask, no I'm not one, but I was (a long time ago) and remain proud to have been one of the great unwashed. I can categorically state, however, that I was not the second man on the Embassy balcony (I was in NI at the time) :LOL:.

Do a little search for yourself and it is all there. So what makes you think they are not about the best.
I asked you to back up what you said. It's a bold statement that deserves bold evidence.
My thoughts on whether they are, or are not the best are irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
Back