Schrader v/v core on a baxi 105he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My expansion vessel schrader v/v is leaking air. I have tried to change the core but it is tight after 1/2 a turn and feels like it doesnt want to come out. Are they meant to be changed, any advice welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes shraeder valves can be changed in expansion vessels. You should be able to just wind the core out

Thanks for that, It is unusually tight, or maybe im being to gentle with it, has anyone come across a tight schraeder core? Im a bit loathe to "give it some"

Well it's goosed either way.....

Leave it.....you need a new one.

Break it....you need a new one.

Comes out.....Bonus!

Sponsored Links
Yes I agree your goosed either way, so spray with wd40 ( other makes are available), give the inner bits a tap and go for removal.

Youve got nothing to loose. ;)

Done, thanks for giving me the confidence to "give it a BIT", the seal rubber had hardened stopped making a good seal. New core fitted and repressurised expansion vessel, boiler pressure now seems ok.. .8 to 2.5bar, is this normal? cheers.

Pressure still seems a bit high.

When repressurising the expansion vessle did you open up the drain point to relive the pressure off the system??

If you did not do this then when pumping up exp vessle to 1 bar you will get a premature 1bar reading from the expansion vessle as the system pressure will be giving you your 1 bar reading.

I would open drain point on system and recheck the pressure in vessle.

If its ok then you might have a blocked pipe from the bottom of exp vessle into boiler.

I think i may have done it wrong, i shut away the system from boiler and pumped it up to 1 bar using boiler pressure guage. Should i isolate system from the boiler, drain the boiler, pump vessel up and pressure check it with a tyre press guage? cheers

Yes...thats the way to do it.

Isolate boiler, blow off pressure with PRV.
Pump exp vessle up and test with gauge (1bar)

I would always replace PRV and then refill system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back