scottish hydro boiler cover - Application declined!

We do on some of the bigger Keston system I see.......

sorry SM its....
...commercial.
.....some odd Eastern European make not service listed.
.......its another Diplomat.... so offered 1* and they declined.

Sponsored Links
BG didnt ask me the make of my Boiler, online, like SHE did. So hopefully i'll sneak it in, without them telling me how s***te my boiler is. worked out cheaper than SHE too actually.

As far as I can gather, BG normally make an inspection visit before taking anything on cover to ensure its properly installed.

They also expect it to be working on that visit but, as they can take several weeks before they come, it means the boiler must not have an existing fault ( which presents during their visit ).

Tony

if the boiler is not inspected before 28 days expire existing faults are covered to the level of the contract taken out.

Sponsored Links
[Stick £15/month in a Bank account & when your boiler breaks down you'll have dosh to cover the expense.

How will that 15 quid help when his expansion vessel splits or heat exchanger leaks next month?, take 4 or 5 months to save for the service. Bloody stupid advice op wants cover not a gamble.

£15 into a bank account each month £180 a year.
Might just be enough for a yearly service and bi-annual pcb failure without something else breaking.
Well done to that company i bet the BG guys wish they had that policy regards certain boilers

I disagree. I just replaced my PCB 2 weeks ago. retail price is £180 alone. I manged to get it much cheaper than that on ebay right enough, might not be so lucky the next time. plus, i get the anual service, therfore i dont think £15 /m is all that bad to be honest.

What's Blue & sleeps two?
A BG Kangoo!!

Must have been asleep a good while, haven't seen a kangoo in use for a couple of years!, or is it like the rest of your advice about bg and based on an embittered personal experience and several years out of date?

C'mon son, we all know how bad the service from BG is!! Most CPSs are poorly trainer, lead by the nose by their laptop & frankly 'parts changers'.
A five minute check with a FGA, that's your boiler service, the case doesn't even come off!!

Just look at some of the threads on here & in the combustion chamber. Shocking!!!

I'm not bitter, our service department gets at least 5 ex-BG customers a week!!.................So keep up the good work chaps, dance for the suits & you may get a new polo shirt next week.......... :LOL: :LOL:

£15 into a bank account each month £180 a year.
Might just be enough for a yearly service and bi-annual pcb failure without something else breaking.
Well done to that company i bet the BG guys wish they had that policy regards certain boilers

I disagree. I just replaced my PCB 2 weeks ago. retail price is £180 alone. I manged to get it much cheaper than that on ebay right enough, might not be so lucky the next time. plus, i get the anual service, therfore i dont think £15 /m is all that bad to be honest.

Of course it's a gamble, but that's a gamble most of the 'smart money' are taking. You could even put by £30/month to start with, until you build up a bit of a fund. Then when it's time(sooner rather than later) to change your boiler, you have some money saved for that.

Why poorly trained?, the apprenticeships are 3 years the same as my degree course and are unrivalled in terms of facilities. ongoing training supplied both inhouse, on the job and manufacturers courses.

My own first time fix runs at 90% currently fitting required parts, if it needs several I fit several. I sometimes use the laptop to confirm a diagnosis although currently very few boilers are supported in terms of fault finding just scans of manufacturers instructions.

The guys doing a 5 minute asv with a fga are going to last about that long in the company, you just cant get away with that anymore. They are now setting up as independents or maybe applying for your mystery firm!

As I say boy, you're way out of date.

Why poorly trained?, the apprenticeships are 3 years the same as my degree course and are unrivalled in terms of facilities. ongoing training supplied both inhouse, on the job and manufacturers courses.

My own first time fix runs at 90% currently fitting required parts, if it needs several I fit several. I sometimes use the laptop to confirm a diagnosis although currently very few boilers are supported in terms of fault finding just scans of manufacturers instructions.

The guys doing a 5 minute asv with a fga are going to last about that long in the company, you just cant get away with that anymore. They are now setting up as independents or maybe applying for your mystery firm!

As I say boy, you're way out of date.

I care not a jot what you did, now doing or think. Just read your own post & tell me what image that gives to a customer that pays your wages son??
In fact don't bother, I can't be arzed reading any CPS drivel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back