scrap car values ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am looking to scrap my peugeot 405 TD estate. plenty of phone numbers in local paper wanting scrap cars willing to pay anything from £0 to a guaranted £150.00 how much can i realistically expect to get ?.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply joe-90 the reason i asked was that there are so many cowboys out there that would would want to pay the bear minimun if anything at all for scrap for a good profit all i want is a fair price. thanx again tony

Sponsored Links
reclaim your fuel,..take your starter and alternator off, put em on the scales £5, rad ? £ 4, any good tyres? £ 4 each. does it have a cat ? £30

then get rid, spare wheel ?alloys? + £ 20

reclaim your fuel,..take your starter and alternator off, put em on the scales £5, rad ? £ 4, any good tyres? £ 4 each. does it have a cat ? £30

then get rid, spare wheel ?alloys? + £ 20

Who wants to go to all that bother for a few quid?

If you want to strip it and ebay the bits (EVERYTHING is sellable!) you should get £300 without too much bother, then the shell is probably worth £40 scrap.

hi mate i recently scraped a car then found out i could have got more if i went and weighed it in at a scrap merchant but they will tell you that you have to get rid of tyres yourself

Some of them will take the tyres but make a charge of about £1.50 for the disposal of them, even though they can sell the carcasses as well as getting the steel or alloy rims as scrap.

try these,
webuyanycar.com

fill in the reg any dents scratches and info about the car they will email you a price they are willing to give you,
did this with my 405 est with 184k plus 3 months mot large dent in 2 doors and rear wing..... £125 they supply phone number etc if you want to go ahaed. they leave it up to you

if you do split how many miles and how much for the turbo i have another 405 td that needs a turbo as mines blown

You can normally strip bits off the car and sell them on ebay or club forums then get the scrap yard to collect the shell for nothing and you will have made more money in selling the parts than you would get from a scrap yard. Headlights in good condition can go for 100 quid a pair on owners club forums.

Make sure you sign it over to scrap dealer if using that method. I had a car written off in 1998, non fault accident. Insurance company arranged disposal of the vehicle. 2003, get letter from Newham Council in London, (I live in Northants), saying car had been abandoned and they were chasing me as (still) registered keeper for recovery and storage costs....

go onto cartakeback.com, they offered me 180 for a none running ford ka2 1997. free collection too. just go on the website fill in the form and theyll give u a quote there and then. if you like the sound of it ring them up.

Sponsored Links
Back