SCRAP METAL PRICES

Sir if you do not charge professional rates then your a handyman and a ?)THIEF as your stealing work from the real mechanics who should be compensated for their skill level ( I guess I hit a sore spot huhmate?)

nope - i'm not a tradesperson.

Sponsored Links
i think this racial rhetoric (from both sides) is pretty pathetic.

sinking to insults like this (from both sides) is a sound way to lose an argument.

why are we not talking about the financial, economic, environmental and ethical concerns of scrap metal recycling, and suddenly talking about the war?

what a farce!

As an EX -Serviceman,i think that YOU are APATHETIC, given the scenario of another global conflict, where do you stand amongst your fellow countrymen :?: , I Know where i stand ,Have done it before and WILL do it again if my country requires my services. LOUD, PROUD AND BRITISH!!!!!!!!!

firstly , this is a DIY forum, and a scrap metal discussion at that, so i have made no mention of my patriotism or otherwise.

For the record, I am far from apathetic, and whilst I am not personally in the Services, I have a family with a proud Military history, in both the army and the Navy, going back not decades, but centuries. These are people that you will know from your history lessons.

regardless of how any of us feel on both historical and current issues of global conflict locally or globally, there is a time and a place, and a discussion on the costs of scrap copper does not seem to be it.

America did nowt in ww1 and were gonna do the same during ww2 until pearl harbour that was over 2 years into the war. I understand americans are pround as are we but dont come on hear preaching that we wouldnt of won with out you.

Sponsored Links
firstly , this is a DIY forum, and a scrap metal discussion at that, so i have made no mention of my patriotism or otherwise.

For the record, I am far from apathetic, and whilst I am not personally in the Services, I have a family with a proud Military history, in both the army and the Navy, going back not decades, but centuries. These are people that you will know from your history lessons.

regardless of how any of us feel on both historical and current issues of global conflict locally or globally, there is a time and a place, and a discussion on the costs of scrap copper does not seem to be it.

YEAH YEAH Lloyd George knew my fatherand all that :?:

well done

you were a soldier.

whoop di f*cking doo

now, back to scrap copper....

Thank you very much, sir, apology taken on board, up spirits :idea:

And as a footnote ,used to operate out of your neck of the woods,Rosyth!

i think this racial rhetoric (from both sides) is pretty pathetic.

sinking to insults like this (from both sides) is a sound way to lose an argument.

why are we not talking about the financial, economic, environmental and ethical concerns of scrap metal recycling, and suddenly talking about the war?

what a farce!
Great postings seriously....

Nice little job today, CH upgrade remove the cylinder, its been in since mid 50`s obviously made by a metalworker for his own home , weighs at least 4 times a normal cylinder so at £35 for a standard modern cylinder . It should be a nice little earner along with the rest of the copper rip out.
And as only ten mins from the local scrappy i should easily beat sylvans $175 an hour for wasting half hour of my time :LOL:

Gasmatz dont kid youself we would have won the war if it wasn`t for the yanks

.. If your speaking English THANK an American as you would be speaking German by now

So where would america have launched "their" invasion europe from (in order to save us from 'zee germans') had the ROYAL AIR FORCE not held out agaist a year long bombardment our our towns, cities, and airfields so that 'zee nazis' gave up invading good ol' GBR? fooking long way to paddle across the atalantic to calais!

besides, you only stopped the japs by dropping the atom bomb - AND IT WAS A BRIT WHO TOLD YOU HOW TO DO THAT!!! :LOL:

That said, copper is rather pricey (seems to be worth enough at the moment to dig up large distances of it in the middle of the night at least) :cry:
so IMHO a trip to the scrappy on the way home is well worth it - definatly pay for a well earned day off once in a while :)

apologies - i can appreciate the offence caused!
Careful - as an ex-pongo, you could just be redirecting the offence ;). Let's not forget that some matelots and booties hardly covered themselves in glory in the Shatt Al Arab in the recent past, did they?! :LOL:

Anyhoo, scrap metal....

Wish I got £35 for every old cylinder I weigh in, I went down the scrappy not long ago to weigh one in and got £12.50 :(

But I also had 3 waste bags of all old copper cut up fairly small, the bags were packed, and got £153 for them :D

Sponsored Links
Back