SCRAP METAL PRICES

S

Sylvan Tieger

7) SCRAP METAL PRICES

As we all know there is a lot of money to be made by weighing in all your scrap metal. Copper especially is well worth the trip to the local scrappy as it is currently worth around £3.20 per kilo to you. An old cylinder is worth more than gold:cool: and you should get in excess of £30 for it.

Mixed brass will give you £1.90 a kilo and scrap lead is worth around 65p per kilo.

I Never bother to take scrap copper /brass or any other metal off a job site and If I am forced to take it I put it in the recyclable trash.

Reasoning is simple, one should stop and think

1- My time is worth more then the scrap and to pack it up drive to the scrap dealer drive back if it takes over an hour I just lost $175.00

2- Handling any old metal can cause a cut and the time to get a shot and the inconvenience of TIME WASTED again is not worth it.

As a skilled craftsmen I do not need to become a garbage seller let the garbage men make a living also.

Very few people know what their time is worth or try to put a decent price on their labour.

Taking junk to the shop, unloading it then storage of the junk waiting for the prices to go up ,reloading the garbage, driving to the junkie, unloading seems like a a heck of a waste of time and gas when the professional can go out and make a lot more money instead of playing chauffeur for scrap crap.

Why not give up the trades and go around looking for discarded aluminum cans for CASH money

Sponsored Links
the lad collects and sorts the scrap at the end of the job when im sat with the customer having a brew and collecting all the praise(and money)

Sylvan... A master tradesman you may be, but you are a lousy business man.

Further to that, I would suggest that your attitude typifies the attitude of a crumbling decadent society. One day you will sit, trying to scratch a living, wondering how those silly little commies in China managed to beat the master capitalists at their own game.

Where there is muck, there's brass ;)

Sponsored Links
You are making too much money Slyvan :LOL:

Not at all I just put a "Value" on my time and driving to and from a scrape dealer is not cost efective even though it is 31/2 miles from my office.

Think about it

Time to load it on the van then take it off then store it then load it up again then travel with it then come back from the junky, seems lot of time wasted that could have been more productive

Sylvan... A master tradesman you may be, but you are a lousy business man.

Further to that, I would suggest that your attitude typifies the attitude of a crumbling decadent society. One day you will sit, trying to scratch a living, wondering how those silly little commies in China managed to beat the master capitalists at their own game.

Where there is muck, there's brass ;)

I stated I place the metals ferrous and non ferrous in a recycle garbage and let the trashman have it or the city if they turn it in.

As for China winning the capitalist war I think it is about time and competition makes for a great market as the standard of living increases for all in China the other countries either go broke Or learn to compete and start selling to China as the population there is a market that will buy trillions of dollars in products IF they other countries produce quality at affordable prices.

Many English speaking countries will beome third world without any doubt as the democratic governments tax and spend and give away their country (America included) to folks coming in illegally and the non working beggers get all kinds of "entitlements" for being lazy.

No incentive to work as they get free housing ,free medical and free food and work off the books draining the life blood of the country they decided to leach off.

China learned from our mistakes and with the help of big corporations who saw the light moved from England and the USA and set up factories in China and are making an amazing living there. WalMark is Amazing for one Started in USA one store and now Wally is world wide

The reason I am smug at this stage of life is I know no matter how much the country is drained and how many people the government support there are still going to be buildings that need repair and with more and more beggers and lazy flocking here hopefully 60% of the population will not work and the 40% left that does work will be in higher demand.

Recessions are good as the folks who snuck in realize there is no more money to get out of the government so they move on to greener fields.

I had 6 Irishmen leave my employ in the 1980's when Ireland had a major construction boom... 1 came back.

Like herds in Africa people migrate to countries that are willing to feed and house them and some actually go to countries to work.

We have wind, sun, coal, geothermal and more fuel then we need in this country BUT it is not cost effective to actually start drilling until fuel prices tripple.

When the pressure really gets going then the USA will again start manufacturing but as of now it is not cost effective as there are way to many taxes and government regulations against business.

your hourly rate is a RIP off. what the hell are you doing on these uk boards. all you seem to do is tell everyone how much you charge and what a fine tradesman you are. have you got S M U G tattooed on your forehead matey?

your hourly rate is a RIP off. what the hell are you doing on these uk boards. all you seem to do is tell everyone how much you charge and what a fine tradesman you are. have you got S M U G tattooed on your forehead matey?

Sir if you do not charge professional rates then your a handyman and a THIEF as your stealing work from the real mechanics who should be compensated for their skill level ( I guess I hit a sore spot huhmate?)

GO AWAY YANK, you lost the plot in 1941 when we bailed you out you sad set of geeks!

GO AWAY YANK, you lost the plot in 1941 when we bailed you out you sad set of geeks!

Type in some more ok lad.. If your speaking English THANK an American as you would be speaking German by now

GO AWAY STUPID YANK, you lost the plot in 1941 when we bailed you out you sad set of geeks!

Type in some more ok lad.. If your speaking English THANK an American as you would be speaking German by now

you really believe "saving private ryan", "band of brothers"etc.

hollywood didn't write history Winston Churchill did.

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."

"The very first thing the President did was to show me the new Presidential Seal, which he had just redesigned. He explained, 'The seal has to go everywhere the President goes. It must be displayed upon the lectern when he speaks. The eagle used to face the arrows but I have re-designed it so that it now faces the olive branches… what do you think?' I said, 'Mr. President, with the greatest respect, I would prefer the American eagle's neck to be on a swivel so that it could face the olive branches or the arrows, as the occasion might demand."

"The United States invariably does the right thing, after having exhausted every other alternative."

words from the man himself.

i think this racial rhetoric (from both sides) is pretty pathetic.

sinking to insults like this (from both sides) is a sound way to lose an argument.

why are we not talking about the financial, economic, environmental and ethical concerns of scrap metal recycling, and suddenly talking about the war?

what a farce!

Sponsored Links
Back