SCRAP METAL PRICES

It's funny that some septics think they did a great job in WW1 and WW2. We're very grateful that they eventually decided that it might not be a good idea for Germany to become the world superpower, dominating all of Europe and Hitler being the most powerful man in the world, but it wasn't quite as the movies show it.

Let me think:

Germany invades Poland in 1939. Britain issues an ultimatum telling the Germans to withdraw, they don't and Britain declares war. US does nothing.

Germany invades France and others in 1940. Britain send almost the entire Regular and reserve forces, and all our equipment, tanks and big guns, to fight. US does nothing.

British and French forces are defeated in France. Britains sends every available naval, merchant and pleasure craft to evacuate as many as possible, while British navy defends the retreat. US does nothing.

British airfields, factories and cities are heavily bombed by Germany. Britain trains every available school-leaver to join the forces, builds fighters and guns flat out, ceases production of civilian goods like fridges, cars, furniture, radios and clothes, and shuts down TV broadcasting to turn over all production to the war effort. US does nothing.

Germans consolidate grip on almost the entire European continent. Britain bombs German forces, fights on in North Africa, maintains naval defences and prepares for invasion and suicidal last-ditch defence. US does nothing.

British forces attacked by the Japanese. Singapore and Malaya fall. US does nothing.

German submarines sink British merchant ships by the thousand. US does nothing.

US Ambassador to Germany, Joe Kennedy (JFK's dad), writes home that the Nazis are splendid people, and that US should stay neutral, but if it does decide to join in, it should be on the Nazi side. US does nothing.

Japanese attack Pearl Harbor. Germans declare war on neutral US. US decides to do something.

But not, I think, out of a desire to immediately come to the aid of a friend in trouble.

Sponsored Links
i think this racial rhetoric (from both sides) is pretty pathetic.

sinking to insults like this (from both sides) is a sound way to lose an argument.

why are we not talking about the financial, economic, environmental and ethical concerns of scrap metal recycling, and suddenly talking about the war?

what a farce!

Value of scrap skyrockets in a big war, americans are good at starting wars... :LOL:

I just leave all my cable strewn about the site, the polish buiders are more than happy to clean it all up. Cable's not worth enough to faff about, annoying thing is I can't leave rubbish sacks on my driveway here cos the ****in erm, "travelers" empty the sacks out looking for scap :rolleyes:

so what are you getting for your copper per kilo if you girls have finished scratching

Last week i was getting £1.60 for clean copper, £1.40 for brass and 50p for lead. Only after arguing about WW2 though.

Sponsored Links
ive got a nice couple of transit loads sitting at my yard which weve been storing up all year when weve cleared gardens. old water tanks, manhole covers etc. ill be intrested to see what we get for it when we cash it in just before christmas

German submarines sink British merchant ships by the thousand. US does nothing.

To be fair, those british merchant ship were packed full of aid from the US.

You could also argue that a major factor of the Nazi rise to power in the late 1920's was due to mass unemployment - a knock-on effect of the wall street crash in the US.....

to be fair it wasnt aid, we paid for it, in fact we only just finished paying for it a few years ago.

Back