Price for scrap metal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have abit of scrap metal which consists of a copper merchant heater cylinder, a steel bath, a steel water tank (header) a cooker and about 5kg of lead. Looking at scrapping it in what would you think is a rough reasonable price these days for this. I know yous cannot give accurate without weighing but given what information I have give what would you say ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
BTW, how are the fingers these days?

Sponsored Links
BTW, how are the fingers these days?

All of them apart from my middle right one is ok it is stuck in the closed position in morning till I open and close it quite a few times. Trigger finger doctor said rest it and take ibuprofen daily. Thanks for your concern

What you you say it weights a copper cylinder ?
doesn't matter as most yards give a price for clean and a lower price for dirty (foam covered) tanks
the cooker etc will get you pence rather than pounds but still worth taking if your going.

What you have to remember is that cylinders are not made from the best quality copper, so the scrappers won't pay top money for it. Also they'll knock money off for any scale which might have built up on the inside of the cylinder.

I can understand that about clean this has no foam on it is just copper. Must weight say 10 KG so if it 4700 for 100 kg clean if the tank was clean it would be worth £470. (this cant be right). How much is not clean or not bright whatever its called ?

last year Copper cylinder £40.00
every nut & bolt is worth saving it all mounts up

I can understand that about clean this has no foam on it is just copper. Must weight say 10 KG so if it 4700 for 100 kg clean if the tank was clean it would be worth £470. (this cant be right). How much is not clean or not bright whatever its called ?

The price is approx £4700 for a metric tonne ( 1000kg not 100 kg) So if it weighs about 10kg , your looking at about £47. ;) ;)

no £47.00 is about right but they don't pay copper price its just a tank price at my local yard getting around £42 a tank

I took loads of lead and some copper bits to the crappy last month, got about £4.70 per kilo for the copper.

ISTR brass is about the same.

I knew there was a good reason to keep chucking the old water pipes I had been finding under the floorboards down the cellar steps - got £66 in all. :D

Given that the metal thieves are stealing everything not bolted down with realy big bolts - even steel/iron must fetch something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back