Price for scrap metal

I took loads of lead and some copper bits to the crappy last month, got about £4.70 per kilo for the copper.

ISTR brass is about the same.

I knew there was a good reason to keep chucking the old water pipes I had been finding under the floorboards down the cellar steps - got £66 in all. :D

Given that the metal thieves are stealing everything not bolted down with realy big bolts - even steel/iron must fetch something.
This is what I was thinking scrap men everywhere. What would you say for a steel bath ?

Sponsored Links
Steel is fetching around 18p a kilo around by me or at least it was a couple of months ago which is when I last paid a visit.

Sponsored Links
Steel is fetching around 18p a kilo around by me or at least it was a couple of months ago which is when I last paid a visit.

18p a kilo. So these scrap men are running around like mad men for that. One scrap man I know picked up £800 the other week. If I gave him a bath,cooker steel water tank. The lot weighs roughly 40 - 60 kg at most so he gets £10.80. Surely he would just about break even with petrol and time at 18p a kilo.

That's why he's stealing lead off the church roof between your house and the scrappers ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back