Scratched a gas pipe with a saw

I took out some copper up in glasgow last year, it was some 3mm thick, apparently, polish (them again) came across in the 70's and worked up there and brought their own copper from europe. My crimbo weigh in was great at xmas ;)

Sponsored Links
it was a form of copper pipe with a wall so thick it could be threaded like steel :)

Sponsored Links
plumbers been out and replaced the section of pipe today.

The score hadn't penetrated the pipe (ooeer!).

£60 all in and took about 40 minutes.

Thanks for all your help folks, much appreciated.

Yeah lets make the job sound like rocket science , pay someone to carry out a simple repair.

AR = Pipework showing signs of corrision or damage likely to affect safety.
If its not leaking now why would it leak in the future. Are you saying soldering over it would not be strong enough but yet its strong enough to make joints

Hear hear.

Namsag... on water have you ever administered a 'silk bandage'?
:)

Left my 16 yr old apprentice on the job today with an old chainsaw to cut the boards. Got back to the job after being in the pub for 5 hours and he'd put a small scratch in the 1.5mm lighting cable. What should i do? I was thinking maybe the chainsaw need sharpening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back