Screed on chipboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers matty.

I think I will go for ring shank nails. These screws are getting knackered before I even get them fully sunk into the ply and end up hammering them in anyway. Yes I will check. I'll phone them tomorrow - I don't want another cock up he he.

Thanks

Ant

Sponsored Links
On the label it says add 1 part P131 to 4 parts water for absorbent surfaces and undiluted to unabsorbent surfaces. Would it matter applying it neat to 6mm ply?

Ant

Like i said, bit rusty on balls products. I only dilute on really dusts floors. I would go neat myself as less moister into plywood. I ent spoke to f-ball for a while so might give them a bell and see if any changes.Used to be neat last time i was messing around with them. Which was january this year in germany!

Ok cheers again. You're a goldmine of information. Just finishing the plywood laying. Then I am gonna chill

Cheers

Ant

Sponsored Links
Hey Matty,

I was wondering if you could help me. I have put plywood down, caulked it primed it and my floor is soon to be screeded with stopgap 700 flex. All it says on the packet and the data sheet is add no little than 4.75 litres and no more than 5.25 litres of water to a 25kg bag.

The thing is. I don't want to mix the whole bag so will I be correct in doing a bit of maths and breaking it down.

I.e.

25kg 700 flex / 5 litres of water = 5kg 700flex per 1 litre of water.

So if I wanted 13kg of 700 flex would 2.6litres of water be right?

Sounds stupid but I wouldn't want to mess it up.

Cheers for your help.

Oh one last thing. The primer is still a little tacky (20 hours on). Will it be ok to lay it now or is it best to wait?

Cheers

Ant

Yes it meant to be tacky. I think you need to get on and screed it. Im not sure how long after you prime it you can leave it for. You normally screed an hour after primer is put down. I will leave the maths bit to you but i would mix the bag as one. Its best to have to much than not enougth And i would also mix at max water (5.25) The other problem you have with mixing half bags is not getting correct fibre's as they can settle in lumps until mixed.

Hi,

Its still tacky, if I prime it again will that help?? - it said 'wait until dry' on the bottle?? :confused:

Like i said it dries tacky. When it says wait till dry it means not wet! I might be tempted to give it a very light coat tommorrow and then lay compound when dry. (when you touch it and it dont transfer onto your hand)

Hey matty.

Yes me and the girlfriend looked and made the decision. It was still very tacky to the point were it was a sucky sucky sound every time you step a foot on it. After all I used it neat and I caked it.

I have already laid the screed (before I saw your post) and it is of a very dark grey consistancy throughout (which gives me some confidence it was mixed well and with the right mixture).

It seems to look like it has found its own level and is drying now. I thought of giving it a few days before I tile the floor as I would like the moisture to have plenty of time to escape.

I hope what I have wrote makes sense.

Cheers

Ant

ye leave for 48 hrs. Let me know how level it comes out! If your happy with the results, can you tell people in the sticky? Thanks.

Hey Matty.

I have just been in the bathroom and seen how it has leveled. I have noticed a dip in another corner where it doesn't look like the screed as covered sufficiently therefore causing a dip of concern and secondly I have what looks like a small 'puddle' of dried screen in the centre where it has been poured. I did trowl it to all corners of the room and, when wet, looked like I was going to have a level floor.

Questions are:

Would I be better putting more screed in the dip. Would it matter putting more screed on top of old screed?

And

How can I get around this 'raised puddle in the middle of the floor?

Cheers

Ant

. . . . . Or Can I make up the difference with adhesive for the floor tiles as the dip is sort of 3/4 under the bath that won't be steped on as much?

Also will sanding the 'puddle' down do anything?

Cheers

Ant

To lay a level over the dip there is a gap of 8mm but three quarters or it runs under the bath (which will not be stood on, or very little traffic).

Also what about the puddle I mentioned? It is minor. Will it be ok or is it worth sanding down. there is a few milimetres difference.

Cheers

Ant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back