Screed on chipboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ant. you can also uplift your chipboard floors and put wedges on the joints to level. Then re- install 25mm plywood over the top. If you have stud walls on top you need to cut boards out from under them and if bathroom is fitted on top you will need to remove this as well including skirting boards etc. The levelling compound is for an easier method around which i guess you have chosen as already tried this once. 1 other thing is if you have a floating floor you can not just put wooden wedges underneath. Bit more involved than that. If you do have a floating floor you need to leave a 5mm gap around the edge in the ply wood + levelling compound and the tiles

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yawn ...
*yada yada look at me ..*
British Standards Regs change all the times an trades are notified ..

"asking if done correct and when i try to help them , you come out with that rubbish. Not that you dont agree or i have not heard of this method, can you tell me more! Im not saying dont rip out your bathroom and struggle to take up chipboard "

Im a winner ,he spouts ..lol

And let me guess( you should put down 25mm of plywood
homer moment DOH ... YES ..lol

And i dont care how big your shop is or was

sold it ...thanks got a few bob ;)

I guess you get flown around the world showing new methods, in most months flooring magazines and known to every one who is a top man in the trade. Or is that just me

nah that will be you a journo who never been working on his knees ,
his whole life , Sorry except in front of them editors gulping it down .. lol...lol...lol...lol...lol..lol

come an see a old pro when you want advice , eh fella ...
I could of shown you up more regarding B/S Regs , screed ...lol ...just reeled you in soft lad , now vanish . an take that as a online Good hiding ..

my work here is done ..;)

funny. you dont no nothing about me. What makes you think i dont work on me knees? see i know all about you. Your a fool :LOL:

"mattysupra

funny. you dont no nothing about me. What makes you think i dont work on me knees? see i know all about you. Your a fool "

........................................................................................................

this troll an in another name is joe99...............

Matty

WOW I have cause a right argument here. I have got up a third of the srceed now but still going. Just wondered is 25mm ply not to thick. As like you said, once you have the screed and tiles (9mm) on top you would be creating a small step into the landing.

PS No it isnt a floating for. Just a Barratt house which hasn't ever seen a level when it was built.

matty i'm sure you know your onions, but that's one heck of a narcissistic signature you have there.

and i thought 'noseall' was bad. :eek:

hi all, again.

This screed aint flying off at all now. it is coming off bit by bit. any other suggestions

Cheers

Ant

noseall said:
matty i'm sure you know your onions, but that's one heck of a narcissistic signature you have there.

and i thought 'noseall' was bad. :eek:
Noseall (do you ? ;)) for your information: that'was a real tough competition Matty has been in, international etc. Coming 2nd when the UK is still a 'beginning market' in most flooring materials (except carpet that is) is something to be proud of.

WoodYouLike said:
noseall said:
Noseall (do you ? ;)) for your information: that'was a real tough competition Matty has been in, international etc. Coming 2nd when the UK is still a 'beginning market' in most flooring materials (except carpet that is) is something to be proud of.

oh sweet jesus!

i have an award on my office wall from labc but i don't brag about it, i think it would be a little conceited don't you think?

No, that's not what I was talking about. Just informing you about what competition it was, that's all.

Personally I wouldn't mention it in my sig, but who am I ;)
I just know matty knows his stuff and there's no need to 'get-him', but I'm sure matty is man enough to defend himself.

WoodYouLike said:
there's no need to 'get-him', but I'm sure matty is man enough to defend himself.

...erm at what point did you think i was getting at matty. i began by saying, 'i'm sure you know your onions.......', this can only be perceived in a positive way, wouldn't you say?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back