Screed over incline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am looking for opinions

While screeding the floors, there is a corridor leading to an older part of the house which is already finished at about 60mm over the floor level at the rest of the house.

I was planning to feather the screed from the beginning of the corridor to the end and lose the 60mm. As it is a corridor I thought no one will notice. The corridor is about 2 m until the bottom of a staircase maybe 3m if we include the under staircase.

The alternative is to have a small step of 60mm but that will be terrible people will trip over.

Now I understand that screed is self-levelling so I am not sure if they can do that incline when they install it. I have also read of a dry mix screed which can be used for inclines so just for that corridor I could ask them to use that instead and use liquid screed everywhere else?

Sponsored Links
Now I understand that screed is self-levelling so I am not sure if they can do that incline when they install it. I have also read of a dry mix screed which can be used for inclines so just for that corridor I could ask them to use that instead and use liquid screed everywhere else?
Liquid screed and S/C screed are distinct and different. Two different companies.

OK I will ask tomorrow to see what they say - luckily the corridor is completely independent, can be done separately.

you will also need to slope any skirting board - maybe doors if you have any in the room, and where abouts they are on the slope - 60mm is quite a lot -
As it is a corridor I thought no one will notice.
you may notice it , depending on whats on walls etc

Sponsored Links
No doors, skirting boards yes on both sides of the corridor. I am not sure what else I can do...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back