Screwfix trade-UK account

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it worth having one of these for discount or is it just a credit facility? I only spend £250/month with them.

Thanks chaps.

Sponsored Links
You get to use the dedicated trade counter, get special offers and get a catalogue with prices that don’t show VAT.

Ah you also get a free tea or coffee while waiting :D

You get to use the dedicated trade counter, get special offers and get a catalogue with prices that don’t show VAT.

Ah you also get a free tea or coffee while waiting :D
But nothing off...well I haven't with my plumbfix account except 10 percent off my first order
litl

Well you're probably already overpaying for certain items so I don't think you'll benefit greatly if you're spending £250 or less.

It might be a benefit when you're spending thousands and have others working for you who need to pick up items as you can balance your books better with income and outgoings but at this point, are you still going to be using screwfix? Probably not.

Sponsored Links
It's only a credit card (or charge card) - no associated discounts

Fair enough... I thought so. I know I shouldn't use them as much as I do but it's close by and an easy click-and-collect experience. You can beat their prices for most things by looking on eBay, toolstation, wickes, etc. I remember 5 years ago where they actually felt pretty cheap for most things.

In the trade queue, do you still get the idiots who don't quite get the concept of
  • Looking in a catalogue
  • Writing down what you want
  • Going to counter, give order to assistant
  • Pay
  • Move out of queue to other area and wait?

In the trade queue, do you still get the idiots who don't quite get the concept of
  • Looking in a catalogue
  • Writing down what you want
  • Going to counter, give order to assistant
  • Pay
  • Move out of queue to other area and wait?

Equally, in the trade queue do you still get the staff who don't get the concept of "no, I don't wish to give you my name, address, postcode in order to buy this box of screws. I'll just take the receipt, thank you", or if they do get the concept go all sullen faced and start huffing like Kevin the teenager as they now have to enter some sort of override code into the till, which is just like waaaaay too much effort innit?

(I know you don't because trade customers will necessarily provide those credentials to get the trade card, but you get the point).

Screwfix may have a bigger range but in my local branch they have very little of that range in stockin any useful quantities

I think that's the same at every screwfix. I don't think I've ever come out of a store with everything I wanted. Some of these warehouses are massive, so why do they have 50 pairs of boots but hardly any of the small items you need. Poorly managed if you ask me.

Screwfix may have a bigger range but in my local branch they have very little of that range in stockin any useful quantities

Fair call, I have lost count of the number of times that I have walked into screwfix only to find that the item I want is only available 24 hours later if pre ordered.

Recently, in the Brentford Screwfix, a customer asked if they price match the Toolstation which is only 10 metres away. The customer assistant glibly replied "well, with Toolstation, you get what you pay for", the customer raised his eyebrow and retorted "well I will go there and get what I pay for". I think his response went over her head.

On the subject of Screwfix. At all the Screwfix branches I use you have to push the doors to get in, but then when you want to leave with your arms full of stuff you need to get a hand free to pull the door to open it. Would be so much easier if the doors where the other way round then you could just back out of the door and open it with your body...... a minor point I know, but it does annoy me every time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back