screwing boiler stand off bracket to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did people tend to use more than 2 screws recommend to screw a boiler bracket to the wall?

Sponsored Links
Caesar, simple enough question - and to answer it, if the MI say 2 screws, then 2 screws it is - but you will be lucky to get any further answers as the GasSafe guys on here are not allowed to offer gas advice.

And rightly so. Go to the CC if you are registered. If not, why are you hanging a boiler?

Sorry to sound unhelpful!

The boiler bracket should be fitted to the wall in a way that ensures the weight of the boiler can be supported by the fixings.

Common sense would suggest the fixing method will be determined with due consideration of how well the material of the wall will hold the screws.

Your RGI will know the best way of doing this, and it should be him who is hanging the boiler as he is going to be the one who is signing it off to say that it's been done correctly

Sponsored Links
Just because the instructions say one either side of the bracket even though there are hole for more? Would think more screws would give a better fixing?

Are you taking the p!ss??..It will be obvious when fixing bracket to wall if the two screws will suffice....if you have to seek advice for such a simple task then I would suggest you unplug the drill and get the fook out of there..jeez..another fookin clown town member..

The screws that come with the boiler are usually un-suitable for dot and daub walls are there not long enough.

Think I just over think things I as I have fitted brackets for boilers before and usually use more than the 2 screws the instructions say

The screws that come with the boiler are usually un-suitable for dot and daub walls are there not long enough.
So I guess all manufacturers should supply fixing screws that cover every possible scenario?
WTF are you doing fixing a stand off bracket for the boiler in any case?..you gotta be kidding right??:ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back