Screwing into a plasterboarded wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m going to try to put a tv on the wall but haven’t done any DIY before. It’s an external wall which is brick then plasterboard.

I purchased Fischer Duopower 10 x 80s plugs which came with screws.

The problem is I don’t have the right length drill bits or nut driver for those screws.

I have slightly shorter screws which I have the drill bit and nut driver for already, but how do I know those are definitely going to be ok with the plugs?
The screws not including the head are 80mm so exactly the same length as the plugs. I can hold the plug and get the screw about half way in by hand.

I’ve included a photo of what I’m thinking of using.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 01BAB7F6-EE94-467B-928B-9F1A7C7FB748.jpeg
    01BAB7F6-EE94-467B-928B-9F1A7C7FB748.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
when you drill through the plasterboard, how deep is the gap before you hit the brick or block?

how old is the house?

Show us the metal fixing plate that you will screw to the wall.

What size screws do the TV instructions recommend?

when you drill through the plasterboard, how deep is the gap before you hit the brick or block?
I haven’t tried to drill yet

how old is the house?
Built in 1995

Show us the metal fixing plate that you will screw to the wall.
Attached

What size screws do the TV instructions recommend?
It came off of someone else’s wall and I don’t have the instructions. The shorter screws were the ones they used which I believe came with the mount

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 8C7B6934-6089-4DBE-B588-9152A02029F3.jpeg
    8C7B6934-6089-4DBE-B588-9152A02029F3.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 92
I’m going to try to put a tv on the wall but haven’t done any DIY before. It’s an external wall which is brick then plasterboard.

I purchased Fischer Duopower 10 x 80s plugs which came with screws.

The problem is I don’t have the right length drill bits or nut driver for those screws.

I have slightly shorter screws which I have the drill bit and nut driver for already, but how do I know those are definitely going to be ok with the plugs?
The screws not including the head are 80mm so exactly the same length as the plugs. I can hold the plug and get the screw about half way in by hand.

I’ve included a photo of what I’m thinking of using.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Should be fine with what you have, you don't mention the tv size /weight which is the most relevant info.?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help! It was more how I know if the screws will definitely be alright for the plugs, as they’re not the ones that came with the plugs. Sorry that might be a very amateur question!

It’s a 32 inch and I believe it’s 5KG. The mount is probably around 2KG.

Thanks for the help! It was more how I know if the screws will definitely be alright for the plugs, as they’re not the ones that came with the plugs. Sorry that might be a very amateur question!

It’s a 32 inch and I believe it’s 5KG. The mount is probably around 2KG.
Will be fine.

Thanks for the help! Got it up no problem today using those materials

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back