Screwless wall coaxial TV socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The female pin got broken. No clue how to open the faceplate which has no screws or notch on the bottom edge. No make visible. Any help will be much appreciated.
PXL_20230812_210709672.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks very similar to this https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-2-module-modular-faceplate-white/42092

The cover plate will come off but only with the module/blanks out I suspect?

Current convention is for UHF TV aerial wall plates to use male plugs (then female to male lead used to receiver). But old habits die hard.

The Toolstation module above is a screened outlet which is good. Ideal, in fact.

Sponsored Links
you could use one of these instead of a coax outlet.
(and it's even cheaper to make your own!!. Blank plate, f joiner and drill!)

Yes, nice idea.

It may confuse a few into thinking they have a satellite feed though ;)

A right angled f plug on the inside, may also be needed (depending on the depth of the back box), to avoid too tight a radius on the cable.

Thanks Sureitsoff, good idea.
The link contains the picture of the narrow blanking plate which also I was looking for. Much grateful!
Guiseppe

Yes, nice idea.

It may confuse a few into thinking they have a satellite feed though ;)

A right angled f plug on the inside, may also be needed (depending on the depth of the back box), to avoid too tight a radius on the cable.
I always use a right angle plug on the outside ie room side so that the cable goes parallel to the wall as well, much neater

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back