Screws, etc to attach wire fencing to a concrete post?

Sponsored Links
Normally you run wire through the fencing, then through the post, with bolts like vine eyes adding tension

Sponsored Links
You may find drilling the post a bit of a pain courtesy of the reinforcing inside, but if you do manage it consider fixing a timber lath to the post, and then the mesh to the timber.
John :)

Good idea, thanks. I'm also wondering if the fencing wire could be attached with some of those metal strips that are a bit like cable ties but which have a screw which is tightened. I've forgotten what they're called, any ideas?

Speaking of cable ties, I guess I could even use some extra thick and long ones to do the job?

Jubilee or worm drive clips are possibly what you mean, and for sure they will work well enough.
Cable ties are a possibility too, but you’ll need heavy duty ones!
Perhaps a mixture of them all!
John :)

Speaking of cable ties, I guess I could even use some extra thick and long ones to do the job?

You could even just tie a bit of galvanised wire round the post.
Is this at the end of the netting? If so run it round the post (if there's space) and tie it back on itself

What is the fence going to keep in/out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back