Screws For Tile Hardie Backerboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know Hardie do their own screws for their backerboard but to cut down on cost what sort of screws could I use as an equivalent.

I will be putting the 6mm backerboard down on the floor over 18mm WBP ply and I'll be putting 12.5mm backerboard up for the stud partition wall for my shower cubicle.

The reason I ask is that I will be putting marble floor tiles down and am thinking about travertine for the walls. As these are both natural products and have porous surfaces I want to eliminate any screws rusting through into the back of the tiles once they are fixed.

Can anyone recommend some 'rust proof' screws ideal for the purpose?
(or is my question a stupid one and the majority of screws available would suit?!)

Thanks,

Daz

Sponsored Links
I know Hardie do their own screws for their backerboard but to cut down on cost what sort of screws could I use as an equivalent.

I will be putting the 6mm backerboard down on the floor over 18mm WBP ply and I'll be putting 12.5mm backerboard up for the stud partition wall for my shower cubicle.

The reason I ask is that I will be putting marble floor tiles down and am thinking about travertine for the walls. As these are both natural products and have porous surfaces I want to eliminate any screws rusting through into the back of the tiles once they are fixed.

Can anyone recommend some 'rust proof' screws ideal for the purpose?
(or is my question a stupid one and the majority of screws available would suit?!)
yes...hardie backer screws... :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks,
your welcom.. ;)
Daz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back