screws - storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok what do you keep yours in to keep some semblence of order when they are in the van etc?

Sponsored Links
Stanley organizers, 2 off.

one for all sizes of screws and one for miscellaneous fixings.

A timely question! Just ordered a big box of diff screws and need something decent to store them all. Are those sections nice and deep on the Stanley's?

Sponsored Links
Sainsbury's fresh soups. The screwtop tubs they come in are tough as boots, and the soup's not too bad either, healthy fast food for when you can't be arsed to cook. My gf buys loads of these and more often than not they're on special offer. I always have a few bouncing around in my satchel. Pick a couple up next time you're in there.

Oh god, I sound worse than that **** Jamie Oliver, not-pukka. :oops:

thats what ive got, but they are falling apart and i wondered if anyone had found any other more sturdier ones

i use the larger single height screwfix box
i have bought extra small containers i have sub divided lots of the boxes [well most ;) ] with large insert boxes sub sivided into a complete set of no6s from 1/2" to 2" [7 sizes] simmilar for no7s [5 sizes] and 4s [6 sizes]
i only have 3 sizes of no 12 in the box 2 3 and 4"

no 8s and 10s taking up the rest of the box 39 sizes in total

i have a simmilar set up for gold screws

i have a plasic box with brass screws from no4 to 10

i have over 80 boxes for replenishment including things like japblack that i dont normaly carry except in the "dropped screw box" :D ;)

ahh the dropped screw bucket, you mean the one where they all get thrown and you spend hours routing around trying to find one to macth the other three in your hand!

Thermo said:
ahh the dropped screw bucket, you mean the one where they all get thrown and you spend hours routing around trying to find one to macth the other three in your hand!

yep although in my case[ ha ha no pun intended :rolleyes:]its the 3 screws to match the 1 :D :D ;)

i've also got a rummage bucket.

it's an old tile adhesive tub and contains all kinds of bits and bobs. left over rawl bolts, washers, nuts, threaded stuff, left over velux fitting stuff, left over door hanging stuff, etc.

i do have a compartment in my stanley organizer specifically for brass screws of varying sizes. very useful.

i also have a tray of self drilling screws. god sent these to earth.:cool:

I use the screwfix metal double cases.

Plastic one just dont cut it when you fill them to capacity. Lids bulge and then they get mixed up, of you cant close them properly.
:cry:
Or worse case, the hinges breaks if if its gets knocked when rattling about in the back of a van.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back