Scribing skirting boards for 135 degree internal corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to fit HDF skirting boards in my bay shaped conservatory.

There are 3 internal angles which I have measured at 135.3 degrees. My initial thought was that the angles are pretty spot on that I should just mitre them. I'm assuming that there will be no shrinkage of the HDF.

I did read somewhere that all internal corners and not just right angles should be scribed. It seems a significant amount of effort to do the scribes and get a good finish. As there are several internal angles, there won't be much room for error getting everything to fit accurately.

Appreciate any thoughts on whether scribing or using in mitres in this situation would be best.

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
mitre the internals at that angle you wont get no shrinkage just use pva or mitre bond

Scribing is best but it isn't worth trying it yourself unless you are good at scribing, which even some chippies are not.

Get it all cut exactly, use mitre mate to stick it together first and then position it and fix it to the wall.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't scribe HDF at that angle, and I can scribe. you will have to cut the scribe on an angle if you don't want a great gap to fil. As said HDF won't shrink

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back