SDS Plus Drill Bit fit normal Chucks

Sponsored Links
nope they will not physicaly sds drills have features like rotory stop and percution essential to make some off the sds bits function
they are also more powerfull than a normal drill driver

I use my SDS drill bits in my Erbauer cordless drill/driver, simply because i have more sizes in SDS form. They work fine.

Is there a difference with the 'plus' then?

problem is because they do not have a uniform shaft, they often do not centre properly, so a 7mm bit gives you a 9mm hole. Great in a way, less drill bits required! bad if you wnat a good fixing. Other than that they are fine, an SDS bit is made of a far higher grade of steel needed for the higher impact loads, and the imapct of sds ram. If you could hold a standard bit in an sds chuck, the impact from the ram would actually shatter the bit.

And not a lot of people know that!

Sponsored Links
ooooh, get you! :p

Yeah, you're right about the SDS bit not centreing properly, i have experienced that, but as you say, its not been too bad a thing for a few holes i've need to drill.

Oh and the plus is the smaller size of SDS, Max, is the bigger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back