Sea Level Definitely Rising...

Unless the fishermen were in diving suits underneath the dropped boulders I'm not sure physical conflict is the best way to describe it.

People other, than fishermen, also go diving for recreation and work, (think research scientists and possibly others). But there are also dangers of damaging underwater equipment such as telecommunication cables, pipelines etc and also causing seabed disturbances such as mudslides if the rocks fall near the edge of a precipice.
I'm not saying the fishermen shouldn't be stopped, because I agree, they too are causing damage. What I am saying is that everyone should sit around a table and thrash out a solution thats acceptable to all.
What that solution is, I have no idea. But if they don't then even more damage will be done by both parties in the meantime.

Sponsored Links
physical conflict during a dispute is not always the best method of resolving issues.
Try telling that to all the people who think that many of the societal ills and school discipline problems they see would be solved if we just hit children more.

I've never really understood why huge trawlers are allowed to operate in certain UK waters and hardly anybody says boo. They cause huge destruction, which takes years and years to recover. Imagine a bulldozer flattening the Norfolk Broads, or some other National park. People would soon get worked up about it then. I know marine protection has improved over the years, and Brexit will possibly help, but we really do need to move faster on it.

And in the meantime I have every sympathy with those who are no longer prepared to carry on waiting for the talking to produce a result while all the time more damage is being wreaked. Fishing, as an industry, is institutionally blind to the damage it does.

Sponsored Links
Than you have them Norwegian fruit cakes charging around the oceans chasing some whale to exhaustion before they harpoon it

any whaling vessel should be blown out the water give the crew 15 minutes to abandon ship

or they can go down with it

Back