Election winner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

His five pledges are not going well and stopping the boats seems as almost to be sunk. Looks like pulling rabbits out of hat such as this one is an act of desperation or would it go down well with the public?

If you need reminding.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The Foreign Office declined to comment on the leak, but pointed to Rishi Sunak’s comments made at Cop27 regarding climate finance. A spokesperson said: “We spent over £1.4 billion on international climate finance over the course of the 2021/22 financial year, supporting developing countries to reduce poverty and respond to the causes and impacts of climate change. We will publish the latest annual figures in due course.”

It later added: “Claims that the international climate finance pledge is being dropped are false. As the prime minister set out at Cop27, the government remains committed to spending £11.6bn on international climate finance and we are delivering on that pledge.”

Over the course of a financial year £1.4B doesn't sound a great deal for developing countries, although they don't say which countries or how many. I guess we'll just have to wait n' see when they publish the latest figures and make sure they keep to the spending Pledge.
They're right about the challenges facing the next government and if Sir Keir has seen the costs involved in reaching the environmental targets it'd explain why he sounds doubtful about Labour's Pledge.

Sunaks first 2 pledges:

1) halve inflation

the Bank of England are increasing interest rates to slow the economy down, ie create a recession

which directly contradicts

2) grow the economy

Sponsored Links
If you look at Sunaks 5 pledges, they are made of two word and three word slogans

I guess Conservative strategists understand the intelligence level of their voting base............

He's promised to stop the boats too, a sure vote winner, more important than every other economic failing.

Blup

Sure I posted that clip before and it got removed for hate speech or similar.

Yes you did. Then I posted a new topic asking where it had gone and that got deleted too.

I remember disagreeing with him, and thinking that he seemed to be confusing wokeness with climate change. But I couldn't see why it was offensive.

The next election is going to be one of the most pointless ever.

Whatever PM we end up with, after the Blair/Brown years and the continuation of borrow-to-spend since under the tories, the country's utterly skint so nobody will be able to do anything.

It's a choice of what pattern you'd like the Titanic's deck chairs to be rearranged into.

Unfortunately, 'hate speech' just means 'speech someone disagrees with'. :(

Konstantin is a good speaker and very middle-of-the-road in his politics. He's really not saying anything extreme here. I met him and had a brief chat: he's perfectly rational and level-headed.

Ivor has it spot on: both sides are just as bad. There isn't really any major difference. We have a uni party.

Unfortunately, 'hate speech' just means 'speech someone disagrees with'.
There's more to it than that. There are laws against hate speech in the UK, it's a lot more than a disagreement.

There's more to it than that. There are laws against hate speech in the UK, it's a lot more than a disagreement.
Doesn't he come from a country that fear/hate/loathe/discriminate against gay people? Probably got a few barbs in his repertoire along with some 'harmless' banter, when describing gay people.

Ruskies for ya.

Sponsored Links
Back