Seal the radiator drain cock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Do you know any good way to seal the radiator drain cock?

My drain cock is leaking at about 1 drop of water per day (I knew it is not much but enough to get my skirting board moldy, don't really want to grow mushrooms in my bedroom!). I have tightened the drain off valve as much as I can but it is still dripping.

The drain cock is soldered to the pipes so replacing such will be painful. I am looking for a way to seal the drain cock as an alternative solution.

Simple solutions welcomed (maybe a cork?) and ideally I should be able to remove it when I need to drain off the system...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

My problem is - the drain cock was fitted in a very awkward location (I might move it eventually, in a few year time) and all the pipes were enclosed with wooden casing. Looks pretty but very hard to maintain. Tightening the valve already made me wrecking a part of the casing but I don't really want to dismantle the whole thing to take out the valve head ...

That is why I am trying to fix a quick & dirty fix for now :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back