sealed boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you having problems with your system dropping in pressure. Having to top it up every day/week/month. I have found a device that can inject a seal into the boiler in seconds. I have used it 10 times this year and has been 100% success. It will work on any sealed system oil or gas. :idea:

Sponsored Links
My goodness, that's useful, but have you checked the air pressure in the expansion tank and then set the system pressure first?

What does it seal? Does it, for example, glue the pressure relief valve shut?

If the plumber cant find the leak in the system. You put this device between the fill loop and the boiler, with the leak sealer in the device(acts like a dosing bottle) then top up the system. Once top up. Remove.

Does this assume then, that the expansion vessel has been checked?

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel has been checked for what?
Do You Mean :
You should have checked that the vessel is the correct type/size and precharge pressure.

No, I mean that the expansion vessel should have been checked for integrity, charge pressure to match the system static pressure, and that the pressure relief valve works (not stuck) and reseals correctly. As you work for Grant boilers, you will no doubt know all about this as your head of technical has written a paper to this effect, and that it is covered by BS7074 part 1.

This needs doing before other reasons for leaks can be investigated otherwise you could be "curing" the wrong problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back