sealing around a bath.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who can recommend the best bath sealant? I used a silicon sealant in feburary this year. I took a lot of care and done it by the book i.e: dug out the old sealant cleaned the area, filled the bath up with water before applying sealant, and it worked well up till now. I want something that will last forever if possible. As i'm so annoyed at having to sort this problem again so soon. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Well, the seal still looks very neat and i can't see any holes in it. But since i initially posted this thread i read an old and very entertaining post on this site. Subject (sealing a bath) and realised where i went wrong. I let the water out after only about 4 hours after sealing. As the instructions on sealant didn't give a give a time period. Also, I probably used a cheap sealant.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back