sealing concreate garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i would like to paint the garage floor and seal it to stop the dust gathering.
how do i go about and do this project please. Simple instruction breaking it down into small steps would be fine.

thanking you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Be warned that painted floors are extremely slippery when wet unless you add a traction grit to your floor paint.

For best results, I'd look under "Coatings" in your phone directory and go talk to the salesmen working for the companies in your area that do concrete factory and warehouse floors in epoxy or moisture cure polyurethane. They would be the most knowledgeable people you can find about applying a durable coating over a concrete floor.

So, even if you get lots of advice in here, I'd still talk to the salesmen working for companies that do this kind of work frequently, cuz they're the ones that know what problems you can run into and how to best overcome them.

If you want a good cheap solution ad your not to fussed about the appearence....give the floor a coat of PVA diluted by the manufacturers instructions...its quick drying and the cheapest solution...youl need to do it once a year though

If the look is more important then go for a floor paint...take note of the preparation instructions though...concrete can be a bit troublesome to paint..again an easy option using floor paint will be to thin it down a fair bit first...it should soak in quite a bit still leaving you with some traction/non slip qualities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back