Seat belt alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been a PITA ever since I have had the car! :evil:

Its a Honda Civic and I want to disable it TODAY.

Anyone know how to do it please :?:

Sponsored Links
it's a safety reminder why disable it? if it keeps going off then there is a fault, if so check connections under drivers seat, possibly connected to seat belt tensioners if fitted.

Wotan

Most cars you can disable it - usually some combination of key turns and seatbelt clicks. Check out one of the Civic owner's club forums. Might even be details in the owner's handbook - there is in the book for my Mondeo!

Sponsored Links
Easiest thing is to do what the taxi drivers do - just buckle the belt up with nobody in the seat and then sit on it (and pray you never have an accident)!

Is there an actual fault or does the OP simply not like it?

I always wear the belt but can't seem to get into the habit of buckling up before I start the engine hence the noise!

Not trying to bypass wearing the belt so a spare buckle will not help.

OK, undestood. At least with many French cars, you have to be doing more than 10MPH befre the reminder goes off!

Bit odd that as most Honda cars have the sensor rigged to go off only if the vehicle is actually moving.

It would seem odd for it it trigger stationary as the seatbelt is not required. Reason they have the alarm is to tell you that you are moving with no belt fastened.

Also, the alarm should stop the moment you clip the belt in so if it's only until you start moving then is it a huge issue?

So either it is when you are moving that you ain't wearing the belt or you have a fault in the sensor (which may also affect your airbag system) in which case I would suggest getting it looked at.

on my s2000 it goes off if the engine is running and the belt not latched, soon fixed by unplugging, same as the key in ignition warning :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back