Seat Leon. Battery flat.

I wonder if the permanent live might have been swapped over with the ignition on live wire, maybe somewhere in the loom?

That would account for the discharge.

Sponsored Links
I doubt it as its factory fitted unit...perhaps a bad esrth?..I've got a multimeter, there should only be one permanent live wire in the connector as I read somewhere, to keep memory or clock or something..every other wire should be 0. Unless ignition is on..

I doubt it as its factory fitted unit...perhaps a bad esrth?..I've got a multimeter, there should only be one permanent live wire in the connector as I read somewhere, to keep memory or clock or something..every other wire should be 0. Unless ignition is on..

See if you can find a pin out for the plug, so you can check it properly - there will be one online somewhere. Yes, there is usually a permanently live 12v, to retain station memories, clocks and other settings in the radio. I doubt a poor earth would cause it.

Sponsored Links
Here's the plug connector

Attachments

• 20210305_114805.jpg
    20210305_114805.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 96
Hi did you manage to find the problem my car is having same issue

I had problem with caravan radio, remove power and re-power and radio auto went into demo mode. Had to change supply to radio, so direct from caravan battery not from car/caravan change over relay, as every time started car radio in caravan would come on.

Clearly not exactly the same problem, but it seems had the radio had ign and permanent feed it would not have happened, it was the lack of permanent feed causing problem.

No longer a problem 30 miles between caravan and battery.

Clearly not exactly the same problem, but it seems had the radio had ign and permanent feed it would not have happened, it was the lack of permanent feed causing problem.

Similar issue with my caravan's radio. All 12v goes off with the master switch, good point is it has a single button long press, to auto retune it. I was thinking to maybe try a supercapacitor to retain its channel memories.

Yes looked at idea of 9 volt PP3 battery, but Covid19 means caravan no longer used, and since now 70 sent for new licence but not got it, so not sure if I can drive or not as it stands. I applied on line and was sent an on line application form as only licence has no picture, seemed rather pointless doing it on line when they then post a new form to you.

Said I had 21 days to fill it in, but was in lock down, on line it says extended to 90 days, but not if can still drive.

Sponsored Links
Back