Seaward PAT Tester Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've decided to sell my Seaward IT1000 PAT tester. Unfortunately, I can't find the earth bond lead. A new one is around £40 with vat and postage. However, I might not get much more than that for the tester on eBay, so I thought I would make one. The lead was 1 croc clip connected to 2 banana plugs

Does anyone out there have an IT1000 and can confirm that the lead is just 2 wires connected together at the croc clip with no other components.

Many thanks in advance

Clive

Sponsored Links
AFAIK it is just a shrouded banana plug to a croc clip, you only connect to one of the sockets on the tester.

In the manual for the IT1000, it certainly appears to have 2 leads connected to the tester from the earth bond lead. ;) ;) ;)

Selling test equipment, with homemade testleads, cool! Lets kill everyone!

I built a AVO in my shed, it's made of wood, and not verified, but it's a goodun!

Think man, think.

Sponsored Links
using any old wire for the job with a different resistance to the original item will screw up the calibration. plus how can anyone take a pat tester serious with a botched up lead that would fail his own regulations?
Just sell it as is without the lead explaining that a new one costs £40.

If they only pay say £50 for your tester and £40 for a new lead they still have a cheap piece of kit.

Back