Secure kickboard to dishwasher and washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi finally got fed up with the kickboard falling and moving so bought a few plinth clips they fit the cabinet legs fine but I can't seem to find them small enough to attach to the dishwasher & washing machine.

What do people use?

Screenshot_20220217_143858.jpg

Sponsored Links
Those clips are designed clip to the cabinet legs and are the only type commonly available, so you often run a plinth across the front of appliances clipped to legs at either end. Where that isn't possible, e.g where the washer is at the end of the run, I've often rigged something up with magnetic door catches, etc as I carry them in my bits and bobs box and they are widely available:

Magnetic Door Catches.jpg

The door catch is screwed to the end panel, the metal plate is screwed to the back of the plinth. The other things I use are Keku clips:

Keku Clips.jpg
Keku Clips 002.png

which are a mechanical clip and are fixed in the same way (left side piece in the picture to the inside of the end decor panel, other piece to the back of the plinth piece). They are used a lot in shop and bar fitting and public rest rooms where removeable access covers are needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those clips are designed clip to the cabinet legs and are the only type commonly available, so you often run a plinth across the front of appliances clipped to legs at either end. Where that isn't possible, e.g where the washer is at the end of the run, I've often rigged something up with magnetic door catches, etc as I carry them in my bits and bobs box and they are widely available:

View attachment 261305

The door catch is screwed to the end panel, the metal plate is screwed to the back of the plinth. The other things I use are Keku clips:

View attachment 261306 View attachment 261309

which are a mechanical clip and are fixed in the same way (left side piece in the picture to the inside of the end decor panel, other piece to the back of the plinth piece). They are used a lot in shop and bar fitting and public rest rooms where removeable access covers are needed.
Magnetic door catches look like they'll do the job

A small word of caution - in the event that you go need to pull the end appliance out for any reason, it's always better to remove the magnetic portion from the decor panel in order to ensure the maximum clearance is available. That said my washing machine hasn't budged in about 8 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
A small word of caution - in the event that you go need to pull the end appliance out for any reason, it's always better to remove the magnetic portion from the decor panel in order to ensure the maximum clearance is available. That said my washing machine hasn't budged in anout 8 years
Thank you yeah fingers crossed my dishwasher and washing machine won't need moving for a while

Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back