securing 1.5mm T&E cores inside circular 4-terminal junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I will be using one of these junction boxes (20A version) with three 1.5mm T&E cables. I can't find a picture of the internals but it has four 'pillars' each with a tighten-down grub screw.

My question is: what is the best way to secure the cores so they make a good durable connection?

I could double over each core and then 'stack' them and tighten down the grub screw on the stack of cores.

I could twist the cores together and then tighten down the grub screw on the twisted cores.

Either way, the T&E going in to the junction box will be secured with cable clips to prevent cable movement. The junction box itself will also be screwed down.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Nice. Not seen that before.
My application is two inline extractor fans, each 25W, 240V. located in loft space secured to joist.
Would the J 501be suitable?

Yes, so would a J804 (The J501 is designed to fit through a downlight hole, but you don't need that)

No one uses the round JBs anymore, we have moved on, the modern alternatives have cable grips so strain relief isn't a worry and you don't always have to fix them down and clip the cables

Sponsored Links
I can see that - it's a way better design than the round one.

If either the J501 or the J804 would do the job I think I might go for the J804.

That way I can have the T&E with the incoming power entering the J804 from one side and the two sets of T&E for the fans exiting the other side of the J804.

Brilliant.

Thanks very much both!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back