1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Securing hosereel to plasterboard?

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by simondyntDBeK, 13 Aug 2021.

1. simondyntDBeK

simondyntDBeK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a little 'utility room' in an outside barn and was hoping to attach this hose reel to one of its walls. I'm pretty sure it's just a brick foundation then just plasterboard.

This is the wall mount kit:

https://spares.hozelock.com/60m-wall-mounted-reel-wall-bracket-and-fixings-z21715.html

If I swap out the rawlplugs for plasterboard ones do you reckon it'll work or is it likely to come away the first few times I use it?

IMG_6263.jpeg

2. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it’s on that bit of grey, then it appears to be brick underneath. Using plasterboard fixings for that is asking to end in frustration. Needs to be solid IMO. Are you able to fix to brick, or fix a batten/pattress?

Last edited: 13 Aug 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. simondyntDBeK

simondyntDBeK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think there's only a couple of rows of brick - I reckon the rest is just plasterboard. Will have a proper check.

I reckon you're right if it is just plasterboard - never going to hold is it.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Always get water dripping or leaking from hose which will destroy the plasterboard .Make a free standing hose mount with timber .

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it is plasterboard on studs then try to locate 2 upright studs and fit cross bearers on the wall surface screwed into the uprights.
    You can then mount the hose reel onto the cross bearers.
    Alternatively, (though I'm not recommending it), you could possibly use suitable spring toggle bolts into the plaster board and then affix a sheet of acrylic/polished aluminium etc directly below the hose reel to prevent any drips contacting the plasterboard.

• Thanks Thanks x 1