Securing hosereel to plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a little 'utility room' in an outside barn and was hoping to attach this hose reel to one of its walls. I'm pretty sure it's just a brick foundation then just plasterboard.

This is the wall mount kit:

https://spares.hozelock.com/60m-wall-mounted-reel-wall-bracket-and-fixings-z21715.html

If I swap out the rawlplugs for plasterboard ones do you reckon it'll work or is it likely to come away the first few times I use it?

IMG_6263.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If it’s on that bit of grey, then it appears to be brick underneath. Using plasterboard fixings for that is asking to end in frustration. Needs to be solid IMO. Are you able to fix to brick, or fix a batten/pattress?

Last edited:
I think there's only a couple of rows of brick - I reckon the rest is just plasterboard. Will have a proper check.

I reckon you're right if it is just plasterboard - never going to hold is it.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If it is plasterboard on studs then try to locate 2 upright studs and fit cross bearers on the wall surface screwed into the uprights.
You can then mount the hose reel onto the cross bearers.
Alternatively, (though I'm not recommending it), you could possibly use suitable spring toggle bolts into the plaster board and then affix a sheet of acrylic/polished aluminium etc directly below the hose reel to prevent any drips contacting the plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back