Security light: make it manually operated?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My security light comes on for 4 seconds, goes off for half a second, comes on for 4 seconds, goes off for half a second etc.

What settings do I need to make it "manually operated"? When I turn the security light on from inside, it stays on permanently until I switch off from inside.

It actually does this during daylight. Stays on permanently.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it's kaput. Or on a test setting. And the photocell is not adjusted for night. So it works in daylight.

Can you take a pic of the controls on the unit?

Some of them have a manual override. Switching off and on within 20 secs or so will cause the light to be permanently on. Switching on outwith the 20 sec period will reset it to sensor mode.

It does sound like your sensor is kaput tho.

Some of them have a manual override. Switching off and on within 20 secs or so will cause the light to be permanently on..

Yes. That seems to work with mine.

So, I can keep the light switched off most of the time.
Then on the rare occasions when I need an outside light, I can switch on-off-on.

Sponsored Links
Far easier to disconnect the sensor in the terminal box and connect the supply cable to the lampholder wires direct.
All done within the terminal housing, then the light will work manually via the light switch as you require

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back