Seeking an accurate room thermostat

makes no odds if its a cheap or expensive thermomoeter, you can't change how mercury reacts to heat !

cheap thermos don't have mercury, either reindeer piz if made in former eastbloc or if from china, bimetal with half the metal replaced by plastic due to raw materials price

Sponsored Links
As bengas says,also if it is mercury when it rises and has to measured next to an accurate scale,otherwise no point :rolleyes:

Well
never expected so much reaction!

In response:

Stat is sited a little too low but within section whatever it is of new build regs. Its at 1100 from floor and I know it should be 1500 but try getting them to move it!

Not its not exposed to draughts etc

Yes it appears wired in correctly (the supplier installed the latest one as indeed they did the last one)
TRVs are all wide open downstairs and the stat is in the hall with the rad that is "open" with no TRV so it can't be that.
Its at the opposite end of the hall from the rad and isn't near any other rads

Basic problem appears to be that the stats are absolute rubbish and to have had three with totally different offsets from the ambient temp must suggest the stat is wrong. With regard to the thermometer it is circa 1 degree away from the second one I have and both were near as dammit spot on to the plumber's DVM and thermal probe. In any event, If I cannot as a human being spot the difference between a dial temp of 12-14 and an ambient of 23 degrees then something is very wrong with me!!

SO, new stat I think. I am considering the Honeywell 907 but have noticed that this says it is a two wire fitting and the curren t stat has three wires to it. Given that the existing programmer will be left in situ and sqwitched to constant on the CH side, do I just use two out of the three wires? The Sunvic is currently wired to "Common", "Demand" and "Neutral"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back