Seized stop tap

Sponsored Links
provided you can isolate the supply upstream, that's what I'd do

your existing valve does not look very old, if you unscrew the innards you can probably buy a new tap and swap the working parts into the new shell. Taking the new one apart will teach you how it works and comes apart.
Won't be doing anything else, apart from PlusGas spraying, until I establish where I can close the feed.
These apartments were built in the 70's.

Speak to the managing agents to book in a time for a Plumber to come and replace/re-pipe in a new lever valve. I think you have done your best, you want a working stop tap/lever valve in your flat.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Being the leashold owner interior maintenance is, unfortunately, my responsibility. Not an issue though.

When I say book in a time with the managing agents, what I mean it may mean the block being turned off. Unless there are separate stop taps in a hallway cupboard or on the ground floor.

Andy

Ah, I see.
Yes, I've already emailed requesting confirmation of the location of apartment isolator S/Ts, if any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back