Self adhesive tiles onto concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I was planning to lay self adhesive vinyl tiles onto a level concrete floor (or will be level when I put the levelling compound on it)

Will the tiles stick securely? Should I use additional adhesive, if so, what kind?

Regards

Sponsored Links
yea should be fine just make sure the floor isnt dusty, if it is then I would use some pva glue to seal it first

I’m a ceramic/porcelain tiler so am not exactly an expert on self adhesive vinyl but I would advise you do a little more research as to what preparation & materials you need. Concrete is not the ideal surface & I would check the tile manufactures instructions but you will also need a self stick primer for self adhesive tiles. I would not advise standard PVA, the tiles may not stick & if they do, PVA it remains water solvent so they may well peel off again after you’ve washed the floor a few times.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back