Self adhesive vinyl floor tiles..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Putting Self adhesive vinyl floor tiles down in the toilet and at the moment we have floorboards down and the vinyl floor tiles just will not stick down proper onto the floorboards .
So l intend to put hardboard down and use small nails to hold this down onto the floorboards and put the vinyl tiles onto the hardboards.
l have seen 3mm standard hardboard in B&Q will this be ok to use.
Also any tips on best way to cut around the toilet base.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I completed a similar job a few weeks ago.

Not sure if this was the right thing to do, but it seems OK for now.

I used B&Q standard hardboard at 3mm thickness, stuck down with no nails to stop movement. I put the boards down shinny side up.

In regards to the toilet, I used a paper template prior drawn and then used to cut the tile. I took a few mms off the drawing and then shaved off the excess to fit.

You will get a better job by using 4mm plywood. 6mm would be better but it is more difficult to cut and shape. Hardboard is not good friends with water and in a tiolet, this may be a problem. Can you not take the toilet out and lay the tiles under it? It may seem a hassle but will look and perform better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back