Self build Garage from Ytong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I`m new here and also it`s going to be my first build.

i came across a situation where building regs forcing me to build non combustible walls for my garage as i`m building along the boundary and it`s little less than 30sqm.

my question here is:

100mm Ytong blocks for single skin walls would be ok? i`m not planning any additional insulation at this stage as they already offer good insulation but may do something in the future. from the outside would cladding.
Any recommendations? I`m pointing a fact the i do most of it my self to keep cost down.

cheers
Kris

Sponsored Links
Yeah, these are aerated blocks. Can I see some pictures of your build?
Thanks

Yeah here is where i'm upto so far, still very much a work in progress

You shouldn't use arated blocks, you need to use proper concrete blocks, the ones i'm using are 7N dense blocks

Sponsored Links
How many square metre will you have when build?
Do you planning any insulation? See those aerated strong blocks have big termal advantage over concrete blocks According to what is said over the internet.
My other option is TRISOMET panel system. I've emailed my local council yesterday regarding them,but don't have any info yet either they happy for me to build it.

Attachments

• trisomet system.jpg
    trisomet system.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 173
It worked out about 26 square metres. I'm sure someone else will be here soon to give you some better advice :)

Cool. Thanks anyway. Hopefully you gonnaa have enough space.... I know from experience that no matter how big is your garage there is always lack of space:D

Yeah I hope so too, I did want it abit bigger but it would of took over the whole garden. It should be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back