Self draw building regs docs. Various questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just received approval on my hand draw planning application drawings. Now I need to do building regs, but have some questions.

The extension consists of a rear single storey flat roof, with a terrace on top with glass balustrade.

I'm on the edge of an embankment, and also large trees near, so piling is the only option. The current house floor is ventilated front to back, so the current rear vents will go under my new block and beam floor. Do I just install some air vents on my new rear wall, or do I need to open up some larger holes between the new and old floor space, if so how big/many?

The new block and beam floor will span the old rear wall to new rear wall, the beams will be below the current DPC, is it acceptable to just wrap the end of the beam in dpc where it sits on the existing wall then fill the gaps as usual?

Sponsored Links
Front to back should get a nice through draft so I'd just keep the existing bc will want 1 every 3 meters.
Bnb ends painted in a liquid DPM, then put some DPM between the last block and the original wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back