Self resetting room stat?

Don't have any details on the system they use but every premier travel inn I've been in has a digital room stat linked to an electric panel heater. This seemed to revert itself back to 18 degrees with irritating regularity and even to 15 deg at checking out time.

There was a temp up and temp down button and that was it. Must have been a prog room stat with the rest of the controls hidden somwhere else...

Sponsored Links
Don't have any details on the system they use but every premier travel inn I've been in has a digital room stat linked to an electric panel heater. This seemed to revert itself back to 18 degrees with irritating regularity and even to 15 deg at checking out time.

There was a temp up and temp down button and that was it. Must have been a prog room stat with the rest of the controls hidden somwhere else...

I've noticed the same thing. I also noticed that the stat does have programming features onboard, but the flip-down panel that allows you to gain access to the necessary buttons is held closed by a couple of dabs of silicon sealant! It may also be linked into some form of building management system, but can't say that with any great certainty.

Of course they do. Don't know why I hadn't thought about them. I spend enough time in those places. I can't help also admiring the up side down FCU under every heater :LOL:

Of course they do. Don't know why I hadn't thought about them. I spend enough time in those places. I can't help also admiring the up side down FCU under every heater :LOL:

Me too!

They are honeywell programmable wireless roomstats, they are not integrated into any building management system. They are retro-fitted to the rooms in almost all the Premier Inns now. The cover is indeed 'stuck' shut. Pretty sure the model fitted has now been superseded.

Sponsored Links
the cover can be unstuck but the controls inside dont do anything.

Its a special model just for Premier Inn

At work we have these STUPID electric heaters:

http://www.dimplex.co.uk/products/d...panel_heaters/exp_range/control_options_3.htm

This shows the control option they fitted, a REMOVABLE timer. The timer has a built in battery so it keeps its setting, but removing the timer causes the heater to run constantly. Brilliant idea. Genius. Damn fools. :evil: I work with a load of women who are always cold!

The heater also has a thermostatic control built in, which is always at full when i get to them, timer unplugged. I'm gonna take my silicone sealant to work tomorrow. :evil: I wish.

With regard to the comfort stat, it may work in US fast food restaurants but any regular user of a room/building with half a brain is going to notice if they turn up the stat and the heater doesn't come on. When they find out it has been fitted specifically to dupe them, they're not going to be too happy!

I'm thinking that is a risk I'm willing to take. I'll let you know if anyone actually works out it does nothing :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back