Semi-awkward space I need to roof.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Folks,

We extended the house into the garage-space a few years ago, all is going well with that. The original house runs perpendicular to the old garage extension, these buildings are now joined by a new corridor that runs across a path that used to separate them. This created a space now surrounded by house on three sides. The space is bordered by the extension, the new "corridor" that is joining the two buildings and the original house.

This space is overhung by an apex roof and guttering on two sides, the garage and corridor side, with the gable wall of the original house on the third extending above it on one side. On the two apex sides there is enough clearance to put either a roof of corrugated roofing or roof felt under the guttering and overhang, so no problem there.

What I am worried about, is where the new roof meets the gable wall, where it is not overhung by the roof of a building. How do I weather proof were the roof meets the gable wall, ideally without having to chase the wall? Any techniques that folks can share?

Ray K

Sponsored Links
I suspect a photo of the area would be much better to comprehend.

Why can't the wall be chased?

Self adhesive lead replacement flashing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back