Semi portable ground anchor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No dea what to title it, but I'm in the middle of moving into a flat and I own a motorbike and there is currently no where ideal to chain my bike to. So I came across some bike security and thought why not make my own concrete post? I get a dedicated spot so I'm thinking of getting a 110l heavy duty bin filling just over 3/4 of the way of concrete and rest a flower bed so it's not a eye sore. Then sticking it in my parking spot. Now I'm on a budget and already have some ground anchors and thinking 4 bags of cement plus some rebar inside to strengthen it.

How much would it weigh? I also want the anchors sticking out the side but if I cut a hole to push the anchors through will the wet concrete spilt the bin? Chain needs to be off the ground. Also the bin needs to be light enough to move "IF" need be but heavy enough that the bike and bin chained together can't be dragged down the road.

Theft is high where I'm moving to because the next road insurance is over £800 for my bike but only £340 for my road. Talk about postcode lottery

Also ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a good idea.... remove the wheels from the bin!

Nozzle

The portable angle grinder is the toe rags friend......can you light the place up at all?
John :)

If it resorts them to making noise it's what I want. And using a light no not really as I don't think the senor would reach my bike.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back