Sensor switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Pretty much the same, yes.

If you are wiring it with a rose and a cable down to the switch/PIR, then it needs to be 3 core & earth, 6243y.

You can of course have lights wired as 'loop at the switch', where normal 6242y cable would be fine up to the light.

Pretty much the same, yes.

If you are wiring it with a rose and a cable down to the switch/PIR, then it needs to be 3 core & earth, 6243y.

You can of course have lights wired as 'loop at the switch', where normal 6242y cable would be fine up to the light.

Have you got a live and neutral available at the switch position?

Thanks for the replys fellas.

Apologies, you've lost me. I've only ever used 3 core & earth for 2 way wiring so am not familiar with it in this application.

I don't want a hard switch. I want the PIR to have full control of the circuitry.

Can I not just deliver Live and Neutral to the PIR, and then take a SL from the PIR and send it to the light?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys guys.
So just to make sure.... something like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-m-xNByFJPf1GWBhbxjJTnkGxpDwjFI/view?usp=drivesdk

Junction box to PIR:
live + neutral + earth

PIR to lamp:
SL

Junction box to lamp:
Neutral + earth

If there is any advantage to 3 core and earth I don't mind putting that in with your instruction. My small brain just doesn't understand it very well right now.

Thanks again

s any advantage to 3 core and earth

That only applies if you were wiring the lamp up as if it was a rose, because you need live and neutral to the switch, and switched live back up to the lamp, hence, 3 conductors.

You can indeed just run 6242y to the PIR, then another 6242y to the lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back