Sentenced To Death

Sponsored Links
Standard for mercenaries, isn't it?

They are not mercenaries,
from the Telegraph

They were accused of fighting as mercenaries despite the fact both were serving full-time in the Ukrainian military, and had lived in the country for several years.

They are not mercenaries,
from the Telegraph

They were accused of fighting as mercenaries despite the fact both were serving full-time in the Ukrainian military, and had lived in the country for several years.
How convenient. Of course they're mercenaries.

Sponsored Links
It’s been done as a bargaining chip.

Russia are sh1t scared of the West providing arms to Ukraine.

Russia are left with a few peashooters in their stock :ROFLMAO:

All the good stuff has gone.

Tis a political move by Putin sort of hostage caper
As I under stand it they are appealing against the sentence

One of the blokes had been in the Ukraine army since 2018 ???

How convenient. Of course they're mercenaries.

So they deserve to die at the hands of an unrecognised court?

The two Brits are not mercenaries since they'd moved to the Ukraine in 2018, one of them after fighting with the Kurdish against ISIS, while the other is a former British soldier. The court is not internationally recognised so it gives the Foreign Office a dilemma as they cannot claim treatment under the Geneva Convention as technically Russia has not declared war on Ukraine.
They will appeal but i'm uncertain how successful it will be while Russian forces struggle to take the Donbass region.
Stay updated here.

The two Brits are not mercenaries since they'd moved to the Ukraine in 2018, one of them after fighting with the Kurdish against ISIS, while the other is a former British soldier. The court is not internationally recognised so it gives the Foreign Office a dilemma as they cannot claim treatment under the Geneva Convention as technically Russia has not declared war on Ukraine.
They will appeal but i'm uncertain how successful it will be while Russian forces struggle to take the Donbass region.
Stay updated here.
The Geneva conventions can apply without a declaration of war.

Mercenaries. Tried to look and find out, Foreign fightier and mercenary mentioned but no clear distinction just wondering about their meaning. Some stuff official but this happening has filled google with results. The official stuff related to terrorism and their fighters suggesting a better definition is needed. No date I noticed.

I have a feeling legally that it comes down to what passport you hold / citizenship. Seems there are details in the Geneva convention. Not sure. Nothing I found helped.

French Foreign Legion. Again not sure but think this involved training and if a person passed that they gained French citizenship.

Some seem to feel the sentence wont be carried out. I'm not so sure.

Really with probably hundreds of Ukrainian civilians killed every day/week you're gonna get upset by some Brits caught up in the crossfire?

By the same definition mercenaries

Than the Ghurkhas would be mercenaries ????

How about the legionaries in the french foreign legion ???

How come Ukraine allows foreigners to join the army?
Afaik this is not possible here and many other European countries for security reasons.

How come Ukraine allows foreigners to join the army?
Afaik this is not possible here and many other European countries for security reasons.
We accept any commonwealth citizen, plus Gurkhas.

French foreign legion takes anyone.

The US and Russia both allow non citizens to join as well. It's not clear cut.

Sponsored Links
Back