Death penalty????

joe-90 said:
The problem is that society is then guilty of the same crime - killing a human.

joe

And your point is? Society doe this everyday to Dogs..what makes any of us any more important if we kill?

BTW..I think the financial argument is a red herring, money should never be equated to life..human or animal.

Sponsored Links

joe[/quote]but those that do these crimes are subhuman so there is no argument there

the worse the crime the worse the death ie time took to kill there must be those on here that if they lost a loved one to one of these animals they would offer to ( DO THEM ) :eek:

lets not worry about evil doers lets just get rid

masona said:
Wouldn't we be better off to do away with these people, free up more room in prison and save money?

That sounds like you want to kill people to save money.

Big_Spark said:
joe-90 said:

joe

And your point is? Society doe this everyday to Dogs..what makes any of us any more important if we kill?

We spray flies too and eat chicken. Don't you value human life a little higher than that?

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Big_Spark said:
joe-90 said:

joe

We spray flies too and eat chicken. Don't you value human life a little higher than that?

joe

Thats my problem Joe, you see i dont.

Problem is though with me i hate cruelty and injustice meaning i hate the fact that someone could be blamed for something they didnt do and then cruelly sentanced to death, thats got to be the upmost cruelty.

Human life isnt above animals its just that we are in control thats all, and you wont get many animals kill for fun or theft they usually only kill for food or to protect theirs, so i think even animals rank above us.

If you arent a100% certain then you cant convict and execute someone--too many mistakes have hapened before and will do again.

Big_Spark said:
Notb, this statement makes little sense, I know lots of people WILLING to kill, they may be reluctant, but they are willing, are you saying that all of the UK's Military are not thinking straight?

Yes, I was waiting for someone to say this. Military action may be an exception. "Killing for the greater good" perhaps?

And besides, if someone is willing to kill and even if they do, it doesn't make it right to kill them back.

notb665 said:
Big_Spark said:
Notb, this statement makes little sense, I know lots of people WILLING to kill, they may be reluctant, but they are willing, are you saying that all of the UK's Military are not thinking straight?

Yes, I was waiting for someone to say this. Military action may be an exception. "Killing for the greater good" perhaps?

Well doesn't this cover Execution in proven circumstances?

I think killing in war and opportunistic murder is very very different.

Freddie said:
Human life isnt above animals its just that we are in control thats all, and you wont get many animals kill for fun or theft they usually only kill for food or to protect theirs, so i think even animals rank above us.

Going slightly off the subject here, I've seen footage of killer whales tossing a seal to and fro to each other when it's still alive, then killing it.

I don't think we're in control. It's a known fact if it wasn't for insects we'd be gone in a flash. Bow down to the INSECT GOD!

notb665 said:
Freddie said:

Going slightly off the subject here, I've seen footage of killer whales tossing a seal to and fro to each other when it's still alive, then killing it.

I don't think we're in control. It's a known fact if it wasn't for insects we'd be gone in a flash. Bow down to the INSECT GOD!

Yes i have seen that but dont they eat it afterwards? besides i dont think they mugged the seals granny before or after lunch

notb665 said:
I think killing in war and opportunistic murder is very very different.

War is simply State Sponsored Genocide. The Innocent pay the ultimate price for the failings of the older Generation who are unable to resolve their differences.

Execution as a punishment for this Genocide is preferable to the death of the innocent.

However Execution for the death of an Innocent should be paramount..

joe-90 said:
I agree with NotB. If killing is such a heinous crime - then what is the government doing perpetrating it? How can it be such a bad act when the government of the day is willing to commit the same attrocity in the name of justice? Killing is wrong and those that commit such an act (wilfully) should be removed from society.
Hand-wringing liberal...idealist...should live in the real world...

killing is in us all we are animals when it boils down to it
but we are worse than animals as we kill our own for pleasure ( some do )
war / death by mugging all the same someone dies
we accept war is different ie 2 /3 /or more sides doing battle some will die it we accept that analegy then in the same breath we have to accept random murders will happen by those that dont care about life

that being the case why should we care about there lives ? they forfeit any right to life the moment they cross the line

any of you bleetting on about human rights are not seeing the light MURDER of anyone carries penalties in our society the penalties need to be harsher

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
I agree with NotB. If killing is such a heinous crime - then what is the government doing perpetrating it? How can it be such a bad act when the government of the day is willing to commit the same attrocity in the name of justice? Killing is wrong and those that commit such an act (wilfully) should be removed from society.
Hand-wringing liberal...idealist...should live in the real world...

It's not idealism but pragmatism. We have laws and they have to be enforced. Just because I don't believe in state orchestrated ritualistic murder doesn't mean I'm a hand wringing liberal.

joe

Not saying for or against execution here...

But here is one of those examples where keeping someone locked up would have saved a life.

The court also heard Mr Hanson was released from a jail sentence for attempted murder and robbery only three months before he allegedly murdered Mr Monckton.

Beginning to think of the film "Minority Report" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back